Light and fresh, this Zucchini Noodle, Peach and Watermelon Salad is quick to toss together for a weeknight meal or to entertain with all summer long.
I think it’s pretty safe to say that summer entertaining is in full swing. With Father’s Day and July 4th past us, there are still plenty of reasons to entertain all summer long. I bet you’ve got birthday parties, anniversaries, showers galore and why not have friends over just because it’s a beautiful Saturday?
In the summer, I don’t think you really need an excuse to throw a party, just good food, good friends and good times. The one thing you don’t need is to make everything into a grand affair that has you prepping for days on end. Things should be easy, breezy, isn’t this the time to relax after all?
I think we can all agree that a barbecue is standard fare during warm months but why not outdoor brunches or simple lunches? Even the easiest barbecues take some prep and like I said, this party is about making things easy. Picture it now, fruity beverages, a fresh salad, a few quiches, fresh fruit, some cheese and you’re set.
Hold on, did I just say quiche in the summer? You mean I want you to turn on your oven? You bet I do but there’s a catch and it’s a good one. I recently came across these delectable quiches from La Terra Fina. All your favorites are there, Lorraine, Florentine, Broccoli Cheddar and they are absolutely stellar! Every flavor is chef-inspired and you can taste it in every bite, they contain no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. Oh and the crust – the most important factor is perfect! Buttery and flakey in every bite.
So all that’s left for you to do is toss together a light, easy and seasonal salad to go alongside these quiches. By the time they come out of the oven this salad is prepped and ready to go. I love tossing fresh fruit in with my salads this time of year for a little change of pace. The zucchini adds a little more heft to make this a complete meal but still leaves room for a scoop of ice cream later in the day!
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon (about ¼ of a small watermelon)
- 1 peach, sliced
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- kosher salt to taste
- Using a spiralizer set on the ‘A’ blade, cut the zucchini into ribbons – if you don’t have a spiralizer a mandoline set on the thinnest setting will do.
- Bread the zucchini noodles up into smaller pieces, add them to a large bowl with the watermelon cubes, peach slices and arugula; toss to combine.
- In a small bowl whisk together the garlic, dijon mustard and balsamic vinegar. While whisking slowly pour in the extra virgin olive oil until the dressing is emulsified. You can also combine all the ingredients into a jar and shake well. Taste and season with kosher salt.
- Right before serving the salad, pour the dressing over, toss again to combine.
This post is sponsored on behalf of La Terra Fina. As always all opinions are my own and thank for supporting brands that I work with.
Original article: Zucchini Noodle Peach and Watermelon Salad
©2015 The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. All Rights Reserved.