All the News That’s Fit to Drink: your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-osphere.
– Wine consumption in Africa is going up five times faster than anywhere else in the world.
– In China, two men tried to drink a whole bottle of expensive sex-enhancing liquor after being forbidden from going through airport security with it in their carry-on.
– Beer is an essential part of any good beauty routine, which is why Carlsberg just released a line of men’s men’s grooming products infused with it.
– If you’d rather drink your brews, Guinness is bringing something entirely new to the U.S. market: Nitro IPA.
– A “highly organized and professional” wine gang goes on trial in Bordeaux this week; the thieves are accused of stealing nearly 4,000 bottles of grands crus worth €1 million.
– True Detective obsessives, are you paying attention to how many drinks the characters are throwing back this season? Spoiler alert: It’s a lot.
– Another day, another boozy lawsuit: A Dallas man is suing 7-Eleven and MillerCoors after finding a dead rat in his beer bottle. Yes, he’d already drunk half of it.
[Photo: Flickr/Nico Kaiser]